Wednesday 13 February 2013

My Designs 2012

2012 was a year of experimenting in terms of my Fashion Design Studies.
 
Although I played it safe by not going all out BOLD, as would have been expected of me. I do believe my end garments, set themselves apart from the works of my fellow classmates in terms of originality.
 
'The Modern Suit'.
 
Its your basic suit, just designed Back to Front.
More fitting and body hugging, allowing it to accentuate the Female Figure more.  
 
The focal point of the garment is the Back, therefore literally turning heads.
 
Namibian Material Culture
For this part of the course we had to represent one of the Namibian Cultures, by creating a more modern version of their renown Traditional Attire.
 
I was stuck on two, the Nama and Herero tribe. So i fussed the two, choosing to representing the people of Mixed Races.
 
The patchwork on the bodice is evident in the Nama peoples clothing and the ballgown skirt was adopted by the Herero people from the Westerners, who once colonised our country.
 
Although my designs may be seen as something of the norm, they are not!
"The proof is in the pudding."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment